Save the date: November 12-16, 2018
Become a Certified Equine Assisted Learning Facilitator and turn your passion for horses into a fulfilling career.
This 5-day course brought to you by Cartier Farms is comprised of two parts – a classroom component and then out into our arena to put our theory to work. Also included with certification is an EAL textbook, which includes useful information for the new facilitator to take away with him/her. And should the new facilitator have any questions, we’re only a phone call away!
- Covering the Basics
- Understanding Herd Behavior
- Group problem Solving
- Maintaining Quality EAL Horses
- Briefing & explanation of daily exercise delivery
- Hands on practical application understanding the program & how to produce it
- Facilitating the programs objectives to achieve the outcomes (planting the seed)
- How each exercise can stand on its own or build upon each other
- Creating safe learning, through evaluation of environment and participant profile
- Recognizing red flags and defusing situations using open ended questions
- The importance of timing and feel (when to move in when to stand back)
- Observation skills: watching body language of horses and participants to allow facilitators to guide the journey
- Maintenance and choosing of lesson horses: re-schooling and assessing suitability to create long-term teachers
- A facilitator debriefing is offered after each session, and the majority of the exercises in the 12-week program are experienced first hand by the facilitators taking the course.
Materials & Ongoing Support:
You will leave this course with everything you need to launch your own EAL Business!
- EAL Text Book
- Book of 12 Equine Assisted Learning Exercises
- CD with handouts, journals & objectives for each exercise
- CD with youth informational handouts & journals
- CD with activities for youth
- CD with information on starting your own business
- CD with research study information summary and poster
- Ongoing Support – just a phone call away