The Venture Stables Equine Assisted Learning Program consists of a curriculum that drives objectives to outcomes. Each exercise is designed in a BUILDING BLOCK style. The curriculum is client centered, using horses as barometers and facilitators as guides to encourage self examination. The individual evaluation revolves around:
*The holistic nature of the horse *Objectively driven curriculum combined with facilitation *Experimental learning *Partnering with community, social, and educational resources
We like to call this…………………..
“THE FORMULA FOR SUCCESS”
Do any of the following sound familiar? • Have difficulty saying ‘no’ • Find myself second guessing myself • Must be perfect • Want to be assertive but told I’m being aggressive • Not sure how to communicate my thoughts • Seem to have constant chatter going on in my head If you answered yes, here is what working with the herd of horses at Venture Stables will do for you: • Develop and master your communication skills • Develop your self-awareness • Create trust and safety • Live with intention • Say what you mean and mean what you say While Equine Assisted Learning has the ability to take an individual through a powerful journey of learning and understanding. The most asked question is “WHY HORSES” Here are some of the reasons horses are so suited to this profession:
- Horses are sensitive, aware of their surroundings and quick to react. They watch for the slightest movement and look for threatening body posture. Horses know how to discern the difference between a calm, non-threatening approach and anxious, nervous energy. However, every horse is different just as each person is unique.
- In a horse’s world, the boundaries are clear and easy to understand. Horses look for strong leadership and are willing to follow after they find respect and trust. If we provide contradictory behavior they start to question and challenge our authority to lead.
- In a horse’s world, team work is expected and respected. Horses respect fair consequences. Horses cannot lie or over think a situation. They approach honestly to every interaction. Learning to listen to what horses have to say is powerful and can sometimes be the catalyst to individual change.
- Horses react to stimulus and provide a skilled facilitator with an opportunity use the horse as a barometer. By their intuitive nature, horses can provide facilitators with a window into the participant’s personality. Through the discovery of how sensitive horses are, how kind and forgiving they can be, we can guide participants to becoming better individuals through identifying specific horse behaviors.
If you can understand how and why horses react to stimulus provided by us – you will come to understand how this program works
“When the whole world says “Give Up”, a horse will whisper “Try It One More Time”
“At Venture Stables we don’t think we have even scratched the surface of what horses can do.”
What do you want to improve in your workplace?
- Job satisfaction
- Understanding every team member has value
- Non-verbal communication
- Appropriate assertiveness
- Creative thinking
- Problem solving
- Leadership skills
- Taking responsibility
- Building relationships
YOUTH PROGRAMS ARE ONGOING PLEASE CONTACT US TO BOOK ONE TODAY! Email or Text (902)247-0195
YOUTH PROGRAM COST $45.00 per day per participant Horse, equipment and materials provided.
Equine Assisted Learning
Offered on site by Venture Stables
Equine Assisted Learning (EAL) is an experiential approach to teaching life skills using horses. You will be put through a series of exercises with challenges to solve as a group (with people and a horse). EAL is for anyone who can benefit from strengthening their interpersonal skills, building confidence and relating more effectively with others. Whether you want to develop different communication methods, better listening skills and better teamwork abilities or simply cope with everyday life and communicating with your family, EAL might be right for you. From 8 years old onwards. There is no riding involved and you do not require any horse experience. For more information contact Jasmine at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-247-0195