See Prince Edward Island in the best light! At sunset, Freetown becomes magical, with colorful skies and billowing clouds that make you feel like you’ve stepped into a painting.
Wild Woman's Weekend Retreat
- Person - With Accommodations On Site
- Person - Bring Your Own Tent or Camper
Connect with Horses and Yourself
Are you called to connect with horses on a deep spiritual level? Do you want to explore the wisdom horses have to offer, with the horse as the healer, the Shamanic guide? Do you want to understand the dynamics of the herd, the soul wisdom embodied in this ancient ancestral connection that humans have had with horses since ancient times?
This retreat is an invitation to begin this journey.
2020 has been a year of massive change, so we invite you to join us at Venture Stables for a weekend of resetting, honoring, and celebrating where we are in our lives with the horses as our guides.
No refunds within a week (7 days) of the reservation date.
- No refund will be available. Guests may reschedule.
- Please allow yourself ample time to reach us. Feel free to use google maps and find Venture Stables for directions.
- Sharable meal for Saturday pot luck
- Boots with a small heel appropriate for riding
- A riding helmet if you own one (we have plenty)
- Warm clothing
- A journal
- An item for our Altar if you feel called (e.g. flowers, crystals)
- A small blanket or wrap for extra warmth
- A blindfold or mask for journey work
- An open heart
- Your own cup for hot drinks/cutlery for eating (we are trying to be a plastic-free business)
- Water bottle
- Bug spray
- Goddess outfit for photos with your horse
- Swimwear for sauna/towels
- Tent and blankets
- Meals are provided except Saturday lunch, which will be potluck style!
- Any additional nourishment you need, or any dietary needs that you have!
Friday night supper: British-style veggie curry, rice, salad
Saturday night: Veggie chili, salad, rice cornbread
Breakfast: Homemade gluten-free granola, fresh fruit, yoghurt
The retreat will involve a variety of horse-related activities:
- Groundwork basics
- Conscious connection, grooming of the horse
- Heart-centered riding
- Horse whispering-communication
- Join up in the round pen
- Group Reiki-Horse Healing session
- Shamanic Journey work
- Guided meditation
- Healing Circle
- Horse Goddess teachings
- Sauna sessions
- Spa services at The Stable Spa
Here are some of the reasons horses are so suited to this profession:
- Horses are sensitive, aware of their surroundings, and quick to react.
- They watch for the slightest movement and look for threatening body posture.
- Horses know how to discern the difference between a calm, non-threatening approach and anxious, nervous energy.
However, every horse is different just as each person is unique.
In a horse’s world, the boundaries are clear and easy to understand. Horses look for strong leadership and are willing to follow after they find respect and trust. If we provide contradictory behavior, they start to question and challenge our authority to lead.
In a horse’s world, teamwork is expected and respected. Horses respect fair consequences. Horses cannot lie or overthink a situation. They approach honestly to every interaction. Learning to listen to what horses have to say is powerful and can sometimes be the catalyst to individual change.
Horses react to stimulus and provide a skilled facilitator with an opportunity use the horse as a barometer. By their intuitive nature, horses can provide facilitators with a window into the participant’s personality. Through the discovery of how sensitive horses are, how kind and forgiving they can be, we can guide participants to becoming better individuals through identifying specific horse behaviors.